The last week of the semester/finals week are miserable times. My eating has slacked off a bit because of it and I had a hangover on Saturday that made work absolutely miserable. The gym however has been my sanctuary. My emotions lately have off the charts from stress to sadness to hope to despair to love to awe - it’s been a roller coaster. But the gym has been my safe haven. And hey I’m not looking so bad in my mind. As always I must get my diet in check but I can and I will. Then maybe the results and effort at the gym will (finally) been seen.
So yesterday I had:
- an awesome body image day during my leg work out I mean come on look at that booty and those quads and the arm muscles developing beneath the fat.
- an amazing leg workout. (see below) squatted 95 again, going for the hundo next time,
- but i had a kinda shitty eating day with 2 slices of pizza for dinner :( oh well today’s been a much better day eating wise
elliptical 10 mins
barbell back squat
bulgarian split squats (note I can’t go all the way down on these just because I had a knee injury last year so my mobility isn’t all back yet)
40x10 (per side)
barbell calf raises
calf raises on the leg press
sumo squat with dumbbell
leg raises on the ab chair thing for fun
Yesterday was a great day. I haven’t had a day like that in a long time and let me tell you - I needed it.
- My eating was 95% perfect (see all the glorious meals pictured above).
- The only only downside yesterday was that i had two tablespoons of pb with chocolate chips so woo that’s not too bad.
- I had an awesome back and bis workout (see below).
- I ran into my ex-thingish person who texted me on thanksgiving and it was really good just to walk and talk with him for 5 minutes. I still miss him a lot, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not going to wait around for him, but just see what happens with us. There’s still feelings there on both sides and I don’t want to you know forcefully take him out of my life, so who knows. Maybe we’ll be nothing, maybe we’ll just be friends, or maybe we’ll try things again.
- More importantly i got an INTERNSHIP FOR NEXT SEMESTER!!!!! I was so excited - I can’t wait!
- I got a bunch of my hw done.
- I made it yoga <3 and we did a 10 minute mediation after
- I went to bed early and got a solid 8+ hours of sleep :)
15 min HIIT (8 mph on for 30, 30 off)
100x5 - still a pr.
bent over barbell row
one-arm dumbbell row
alternating hammer curl
dumbbell bicep curl
1 hour of yoga
- my family, especially my parents for giving me endless love and support as well as giving me the opportunity to succeed in life.
- my friends, especially my roommates for always being there to support me especially through some of the tougher times.
- God, for always giving me someone to turn to, pray to as well as someone watching over me.
- my co-workers and boss at the radio station for giving me countless opportunities and chances to succeed. I wouldn’t nearly as far into my career if it wasn’t for you
- my own God-given abilities for making me successful so far in life and giving me the opportunities to be independent.
- my tumblr family for giving me support and encouragement on my journey
- and my own body for putting up with the trials and tribulations I put it through.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your wonderful families. May your day be lovely and your plates be full.
All I want for christmas is a butt
& a cute boyfriend
I forgot how challenging body weight exercises/circuits are. Holy hell. This picture doesn’t do the pool of sweat I was in justice. May have to reincorporate into the workout routine…
Today’s workout included:
15 minute nike training club cardio workout
Shoulders (all with 10lb weights)
(Superset) upright rows 3x10
(Superset)Side lateral raise 3x10
Rear delt raise 3x10
Bench dips 3x10
Tricep kickbacks 3x10
Exercise ball crunches 3x25
Leg raises 3x10